Wednesday 7 November 2012

Stocking Fillers - making a seashell necklace






Right! I know I've said it before, but this time I will keep up to date with my blogs. I PROMISE I WILL TRY HARDER.


So first off, as the Halloween pumpkins gently rot in the garden and the smoke of November 5th bonfires drift away, it's time to start thinking about Christmas.

I have never been a full on fan of the commercial side of Christmas and although it is nice to receive bountiful gifts, as I've got older, I appreciate more, a gift that a friend has spent time and thought over rather than two minutes choosing which bar of special offer chocolate by the checkout whilst queuing to pay for a pint of milk.

And yes, in these times of financial austerity, it is cheaper too.

So what I aim to do over the next few weeks, is post a series of blogs on 'how to make....' ideas for gifts for friends and family and decorations for your home.I believe quite strongly that we all have a creative, artistic type somewhere inside of us waiting to be unleashed. And so most of the projects are make able by all, although I will try to make some specifically for children.

I've got to go off to work now, but when I get home this evening, I will start posting the step by step guide to how to make seashell necklaces as pictured above.

cheers

karen

No comments:

Post a Comment