Tuesday 15 January 2013

Coffee Bag Rag Rugs

Back home visiting my folks for Christmas, I managed to obtain a couple of hessian coffee sacks from a local tea trader.I'd been told they make the ideal backing for rag rugs, and as I've never tried making one before - here goes.

It makes a change from making Toothbrush Rugs and also enables me to use up some of the scraps of material and old clothes I've been carrying around for ages and not wanted to throw away nor known what to use them for.

So far I've used an old t shirt, some material scraps from the dressmaker who works in an office upstairs from me and a pair of stripy trousers I bought in Kendal 20 years ago.


I think I maybe making the stitches or whatever they are called too close together as its taking ages, but 'hey ho!'

No comments:

Post a Comment